I am riding solo. Everyone is out of town except for me. Typically I am the one out of town so this is quite a switch.
Being alone here at the house is so incredibly rare that I don’t really know what to do with myself. I end up turning into a weird hybrid of “home me” (because there is a lot of stuff I can clean up without the kids running right through the middle of it) and “travel me” (because I have no plans that make it necessary for me to sit here alone all of the time and I have no real desire to cook).
Here is a rundown of some of the stuff I did tonight:
- Pulled stuff down from the attic to take to the thrift store tomorrow
- Finally hooked up the $29 Durabrand Home Theatre system that has been sitting in a box in the attic since October 2008 (It sounds amazingly good but I still have a fear that it will short out and burn down the house. Thanks, China!)
- Cleaned up the wire monster behind the TV that has been steadily growing for 5 years. I even zip tied stuff which means that something will soon go out and I will have to cut the zip ties.
- Drove 30 miles to roam around Barnes and Noble and eat at Pei Wei Asian Diner
- Clipped coupons
- Started the dishwasher
- Watched 4 episodes of The Office on TBS
- Moved all of the dumb pictures I take from my Blackberry to the laptop so I have more room to take more dumb pictures on my Blackberry
The excitement will continue tomorrow and Thursday as I attempt to cook things and finish up the attic of doom.